Create a Lifeline that will Last a Lifetime
Think of life insurance is income insurance. We know you can’t put a dollar amount on your family, but you can ensure their future is protected. And though costs are a real concern for most people considering life insurance, 80% of Americans overestimate the cost of life insurance and it’s probably more affordable than you might expect. On top of that, some insurance companies we represent offer discounts on your home and auto insurance if you have a life insurance policy through them.
We have lots of options for you
Whether you’re looking for yourself, a spouse, or a child, there are lots of options for you. Survivor benefits start at $25,000 in coverage and can go up into the millions if that’s what you need to protect your family. These benefits are tax free so the coverage amount you choose is the amount your beneficiary will receive.
- 5 year term
- 10 year term
- 20 year term
- 30 year term
- Whole Life
- Universal Life
- Children’s Whole Life (BLOG: benefits of getting life insurance for a child)
- Final Expense Life
- And more!
It happens more often than you think…
After running multiple tests, doctors conclude you have an incurable medical condition that may affect the length of life you have remaining.
A million thoughts race through your head. You’re unsure what to do or who to call. Your first priority is your family and who will look after their well-being when you’re gone. You might be asking yourself:
How will your spouse stay afloat with all the debt accrued?
Who will save for your children’s college fund?
Where will your family be without you?
Or will you be thinking instead of how you will choose to spend whatever time you have left with them—secure in the fact you have a precisely calculated policy to cover your debt, funeral costs, and a legacy to your family?
There’s no way we can convince you of the peace of mind you can experience just knowing your family will be cared for if they lose you.
Recognizing everyone’s situation is unique, which means there are two types of life insurance policies to choose from:
- Term life policies are set up to cover you for a specific period of time. The most common term policies provide coverage for 10 to 30 years. During that term, the amount you pay stays the same. Some Term life policies even offer the option to convert to a whole life policy when the policy is set to expire.
- Whole life or Universal life insurance covers the insured for the course of their life, even if you live beyond 100 years old! An advantage of a whole or universal life policy is that the policy builds cash value that you may borrow against in times of need. Like Term policies, these cost less if you secure coverage in your younger years. The longer you wait, the more you can expect to spend to get a policy started.
No matter the situation, it is important to know what type of policy best suits your needs, the amount of coverage desired, and most importantly, who the beneficiary or beneficiaries will be.
One of the helpful agents at Mt Pleasant Agency – Central Insurance can help you learn more about purchasing a life insurance policy and what option may suit your current needs.
But I have group life insurance through work
That’s great! But is it enough? Most group life insurance policies only cover a year or two of your annual salary, which may not be enough protection especially if own a home or have a family that depends on you. Here are a few reasons why you should look at getting an additional life insurance policy that YOU own and control:
- It bears repeating: You OWN and CONTROL the policy. Benefits through work can change. Your workplace may eliminate or change your group life insurance benefit leaving you with no supporting protection.
- If you leave your job for whatever reason (layoffs, better opportunity, retire, etc.), the life insurance will not follow you. If you have a policy of your own, it’s in place as long as you pay the premium and as long as the term allows.
- Group life insurance is typically a 1 year policy that can be renewed each year, where a term or whole life policy you purchase will last much longer. Will you be at the same job in 30 years? Who knows? But a term policy or whole life policy will carry you through many life changes.
The Mt. Pleasant Agency – Central Insurance Difference
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for …
… While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you. So if you’re at all concerned for your financial well being, you should investigate what you are offered carefully, and consider a relationship with a reliable guide.
Because, unfortunately, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy.
We’re your neighbors. We protect people we know and care about in Mt. Pleasant and throughout Michigan, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
CALL 989-772-2977 now and let the professionals at Mt Pleasant Agency – Central Insurance help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you care about most.