Mt. Pleasant Agency and McArthur Insurance Agency Celebrate Giving Tuesday
MT. PLEASANT, Mich., November 28, 2023 — In the spirit of giving and in recognition of Giving Tuesday, Mt. Pleasant Agency and McArthur Insurance Agency are giving away $6,000 to organizations and projects in the central Michigan area.
The agencies’ Giving Tuesday project began in 2020 because of the awareness that COVID-19 had a profound impact on schools and non-profit organizations, which had to postpone major fundraisers that year. This is the third year the agencies have celebrated Giving Tuesday in this way.
This year, 12 organizations will receive $500 each. The organizations receiving funds in 2023 are:
- Art Reach of Mid Michigan
- Blanchard Church of God
- Central Michigan Youth for Christ
- Community Cancer Services of Isabella County
- Community Compassion Network
- Foster Closet of Isabella County
- Joshua’s House / The Red Door Thrift Store
- Nottawa-Sherman Volunteer Fire Department
- Sacred Heart Academy Foundation
- The Care Store*
- William & Janet Strickler Nonprofit Center
*The Care Store will receive $1,000 due to a matching grant through the United Way of Isabella & Gratiot Counties for November.
Each organization was selected internally by the staff at Mt. Pleasant Agency and McArthur Insurance Agency. The project is supported in part by Frankenmuth Insurance out of Frankenmuth, Michigan. For information on past Giving Tuesday projects, visit mtpleasantagency.com/GivingTuesday.