You’ve got to have it—now what?
You’re required by law to carry auto insurance. So you may not think it makes a difference if you get it from a talking lizard, a comic spokesperson, or a locally owned insurance provider like Mt. Pleasant Agency – Central Insurance
If all insurance is alike, what difference does it make where you get your coverage—just shop around for the best price, right?
There is a Difference
At Mt. Pleasant Agency – Central Insurance we’ve seen our share of accidents. But out of all the claims we see on a daily basis, few are as frequent, or as potentially life changing, as accidents involving an automobile.
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you think you’re bargaining for.
Because while most insurance products are similar in price and overall function, insurance providers can vary when it comes to coverage.
We’re your neighbors. We protect people we know and care about, and that means we look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
What’s insurance for, anyway?
Keep in mind that you can’t buy insurance after you have an accident. Therefore, you should think carefully about the position you want to be in if you should ever be in an accident.
This means you should try to think of your auto insurance as a shield.
Then imagine someone else driving their car right into that shield.
Will it hold?
Our main job is to make sure your shield can withstand as much damage as possible for the most reasonable cost and making sure your assets and income are protected in case you’re at fault and there’s a lawsuit.
We’ll show you different protection options, recommend limits, and make sure you receive every discount you’re eligible for, such as cars with vehicle recovery systems or, better yet, bundling other types of insurance with the same carrier.
And that’s just one reason you should consider talking to a real person at our local office, instead of a telephone salesperson in a different state working for a cartoon reptile.
What auto insurance covers—and what’s optional…
Insurance is designed to protect you and your assets in case of loss, injury or damage; either caused by you, or by someone else. Auto insurance usually consists of the following protections:
- Liability (Bodily Injury) – in case you are found at fault (think of this as lawsuit protection)
- Personal Injury Protection – this covers your medical bills and wage loss if you’re injured in an auto accident
- Collision – when your car is damaged by a collision with another vehicle or stationary object (tree, guardrail, pothole, or the ground)
- Comprehensive – if your car is damaged by anything other than collision (glass damage, deer, fire, tree falls on car, flood, etc.)
Additional protection may include:
- Emergency Road service – if you lock your keys in the car, need a jump start, have a flat tire
- Rental Car Coverage – when your policy picks up the cost of a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired after a covered claim.
- Uninsured Motorist Protection—because even though the law says auto insurance is mandatory, that doesn’t mean that everyone will have it.
The Mt. Pleasant Agency – Central Insurance Difference
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for …
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy.
We’re your neighbors. We protect people we know and care about in Mt. Pleasant and throughout the state of Michigan, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
CALL 989-772-2977 and let Mt. Pleasant Agency – Central Insurance help you protect the things you care about most.