Contractor Safety Resources
Safety on a job site is incredibly important for your crews and for your business as a contractor or builder. Mt. Pleasant Agency – Central Insurance partners with loss prevention teams at insurance companies, along with the Home Builders Association of Central Michigan, and MIOSHA to provide learning opportunities for you and your team. Here are some services available to you:
- Request a consultation with MIOSHA – A consultant can schedule a visit to your workplace to conduct a free MIOSHA inspection with no citations and no penalties. Click the link or call the Lansing office at 517-284-7720 or 800-866-4674 to make a request.
- Onsite education – learn how to identify and correct safety and health hazards in the workplace
- MIOSHA training program calendar – Find a training event near you
- Educational events through the HBA of Central Michigan
- Contact us to see if a loss prevention specialist is available through your insurance carrier. They will meet you at your job site and share tips, trends, and suggestions with you.
We want you and your workers to be safe, but know that accidents can happen even at the safest of job sites. Because of that, we also recommend that you look at specialized policies like disability insurance, life insurance, and long term care insurance for those “just in case” incidents.